Tuesday 14 April 2020

Milk Teeth "Go Away" (2017)


My recent disappointment with the bands self titled album brought my eyes to Go Away, a four track EP I overlooked that plays counter part to Be Nice. It too is a step away from the glory of Sad Sack & Vile Child but this direction is one I can vibe with. Its a similar theme of reckless self indulged emotional reflect, lively and unhinged.

The tone is way better suited to a coarsing Pop Punk energy. These thrashy vibrant power chords resonate with a 90s Green Day loudness, a sound I am admittedly not all that familiar with. Their lyrics float of these crashes of thunderous energy with a punchy resonance. Lines like "I'm drinking just because its there" and "Maybe these choices will backfire on me" cruise through the choruses with a catchy knack.

Pumping basslines and slamming aggression from the drums give the whole thing a real kick in the right direction. Lilian and Nearby Catfight have fantastic build ups in the end with some creative lead guitar to see the songs out. A throw back to what they do best can be felt in the closing track, Big Sky, a slower, moody track with a big sense of atmosphere. These songs are driven and fun, there is little here not too like!

Favorite Tracks: Nearby Catfight, Big Sky
Rating: 5/10